Thursday, May 15, 2008

RMXTP2 Liner Notes: "Shadows"



Honeycut “Shadows” (Remix)
Shout out to Lydia over at Quannum Projects for this one. She hit me up one day and asked if I would be down to do a remix of this track. I wasn’t up on Honeycut but after hearing the track, I knew there was room to flex. The vocals were fun so I had to give it a real upbeat remix. I’m a big fan of dance rock and had been itching to do a remix in that vein. Of course, I can’t ever stay in one genre, so this one was also heavily influenced by my love for early 80’s Funk, Soul, Boogie, and Soulful Electro-House. This is somewhat of an homage to the aforementioned genres, as well as current dance music masters like DFA andMetro Area…This probably one of my favorites on the [Re]Mixtape.

Also, can I just say that the dancing in this youtube video is WONDERFUL… These dudes use an MPC and and ASR-10 in place of live drums. Wow.

No comments: