Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Oscar Grant = Radio Raheem 2009: BART Police Edition. WTF?



I'm sure everyone has heard about the murder of 22 year old Oscar Grant at the Fruitvale Bart Station in Oakland. If you haven't, you've probably been on twitter too long trying to send replies to Q-Tip, Jay Electronica, Qoolquest, wondering why they just aren't hitting you back. Get a grip. It will be okay. SOMEONE will send you a reply.

Now I am usually not the type to protest in the streets- I'm most effective one on one and through the MUSIC... But some shit is just too much.

Maybe its because the Fruitvale BART Station is my home station.
Maybe its because initially thought the victim was a former student of mine at first glance.
Maybe its because this isn't the first time.

After seeing this version of the video, shot by an onlooker inside a stopped BART train, my emotions got much stronger. I couldn't believe it. It was like a train wreck waiting waiting to happen. There was an energy on that platform that almost foreshadowed the whole event.

This shit is like Radio Raheem 2009: BART Police Edition.

The video speaks for itself.

I don't have too much to say that hasn't already been said. My heart goes out to his family and everyone involved. For everyone going to protest today, be safe. If I can swing it, yall might see me out there.

-Track.

No comments: