Friday, December 11, 2009

Lovecats, We Missed You.

1 O.A.K. - Lovecats from The Mighty Fifty on Vimeo.



Its out the vault yall. The first single from my upcoming covers project with fellow HNRL freshman, 1-O.A.K.

Download:
1-O.A.K.- "Lovecats" (prod by Trackademicks)

I'ma just say it. This song is just the starting point. I'm REALLY feeling the work we've done around this. I've earned a rep for a lot of the remixes I've done- the release of this takes it just another step further.

The whole point of remixing something in my eyes is to create something new. Whether paying homage to the old, or introducing fans of one genre to another they may be unfamiliar with- the music is the bridge.

Before even doing this project, I asked myself, "Is it sacrilege to cover songs from some of the greatest artists of our time? Who am I to touch (and possibly destroy) such beautiful compositions that mean so much to so many people."

I've contemplated that. Long and hard.

And I've come to a conclusion a conclusion:

uFck It. "I'm the best mayne, I deeeeeeeeed it!"

Well, at least I deeeed it.

Holler!!!

No comments: