Sunday, May 23, 2010

Liner Notes: Kenna "Say Goodbye to Love" feat Mike Baker the Bike Maker



I remember anticipating Kenna's first release for the longest time around 2000. When it finally dropped, it was exactly what I was hoping; a perfect cross section Hip Hop, New wave, and electronic sensibilities. Recorded in hotel rooms. With Chad (The Neptunes) in the driver's seat. Not to mention, topically pertinent to where I was at in my life. I love music, especially when the timing is perfect.

Anyhow, fast forward a few years. When I found out Kenna was finally dropping a second album, I was juiced. I was a little slow to jump at doing the remix (contrary to popular belief, I don't feel the need to remix everything). when I finally decided to do it, I felt that Mike Baker the Bike Maker would be perfect on it. And according to him, it was perfect timing, as he was "Sayin' Goodbye to Love".

By the time it was completed, The [Re]Mixtape Vol. 2 was already out, so we decided to throw it on Mike's Now or Never EP. He also came up with the concept for using the opening scene of Millenium Mambo as the visual backdrop for the song, which I edited.

Bam!

No comments: