Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Liner Notes: Boy Crisis "L'Homme" (Trackademicks Remix)



From "The [Re]Mixtape Vol. 3"

"I'm feeling like a monster truck at a botanical garden."

Ummmm... How can you NOT love this...

I've been around long enough to realize everything happens for a reason. This remix is just another notch on that tree.

Awhile back I was checking my myspace, as I do from time to time, when I received a message from this group called Boy Crisis. At the time I was unfamiliar with them. However, after reading the message one of the members sent, I realized I was more familiar than I knew. Apparently, the author of this particular myspace message was none other than my old school, high school patna, Victor. This is crazy because he is from my hometown, when to my high school, AND was in the same after school program as most of the HNRL. In fact, he even drew a mixtape cover for Tap.10's first DJ crew, The Golden Plate Warriors.

Unbeknownst to us, he'd been in pretty busy in Brooklyn as frontman for Boy Crisis and his other group Das Racist. So when he and the label approached me for a remix, I was down. I thought all of our mutual friends would get a kick out of it.

After all is said and done, my this is one of my favorite remixes. This is about as Breezy as it gets.

And for the record... Boy Crisis' "Ganglion of Lightnings"... Ohhhh Weeeeee!!! (Although the Jesus beard is a little scary...)

HILARIOUS...

1 comment:

Vicky Ankles said...

I cant stop listening to this remix.