Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Liner Notes: Trackademicks "Prime Factors"

Jokers Of The Scene "Baggy Bottom Boys" from Mr Goldbar on Vimeo.



Baggy Bottom Boys.

What is a Baggy Bottom Boy? Other than a song's title, I still have no idea.

What I do know is that while on tour with Fool's Gold, I heard this tune being played nightly by Jokers of the Scene. It turned out to be their tune and eventually a Fool's Gold release.

When I first heard the piano breakdown (2:50), I was real intrigued. It was totally different from the rest of the song. It wasn't till after the tour I got the idea to flip it into my own creation. Over the last few years a lot of rappers have decided to make what they consider a "Techno song". Some have been fresh, whereas others have ended up sounding like nondescript dance rap, not clearly influenced by any particular genre or subgenre of dance music. Just Faaaaaast.

Instead of going the fast [tempo] route (one I'm very familiar with), I decided to make an Fresh Coast Hip-Hop song out out of an actual Techno song.

Cut the tempo in half, add some bass, eff a hook, and rap my ass off.

Viola! Holla!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.